Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Writing about Bees



I have spent the last few days interviewing people in our community about bee keeping. I am fascinated with this subject and the more I learn the more I realize I don't know. One thing I do know is that we all need to take care of the bees because they are our food source. Even if you don't have a hive, there are still simple things to do to help the bee population. One thing is to let dandelions and clover grow naturally. How easy is that?
Before I left the bee keepers home, I was given a whole jar of honey. I've already had some on a piece of bread and man was it good. I, in turn, gave them one of my children's books, "Tired of My Bath." I received the author's copy of my second book, "Tired of School," yesterday in the mail. I'm excited about seeing it in the book stores soon. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment